Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sermons

"Do yourself a favor: Look at the personal contacts in your contact list on your phone. Go through each name. Ask yourself these questions:

1. Does this person make my life better?
2. Do I learn from this person?
3. Is this someone that encourages and supports me?
4. Does this person have integrity?

If you cannot answer "yes" to each of those questions, then tap your "delete" button, and move on to the next name. It doesn't matter if you have known the person for 20 years. It doesn't matter if the person is a relative. Delete. I promise it won't hurt. You don't even have to explain yourself. Sometimes what hinders us the most is the people we have chosen to anchor ourselves to. You may still be afloat, but your boat isn't going anywhere. Remove yourself and watch how the seas guide you into a life that you never imagined possible. That life is just beyond the horizon. Trust me on this. I know."
-Alexis Monique Escalante