Tuesday, November 23, 2010

After the Statement of Purpose



My Statement of Purpose for Admission to Grad School is the most visited blog I've posted. It may be because people search for this as a term in Google's Search box. It may be because people actually want to read mine. Whatever the case, it is.

I got an e-mail from the supa dupa fly Geneva Thomas of Clutch Magazine, and she asked if I got in (she is a Gallatin/NYU alum). It never dawned on me that I didn't give readers an update on that.

That statement of purpose did, in fact, land me in the 2012 Class in Gallatin's Masters Program. Yes, indeedy. However, because I didn't have other things taken care of I needed to defer a year. Thank GOD I did. What I have been able to accomplish in this two months that I haven't been in school is nothing short of amazing.

I will be working on my Masters in Youth Development starting Fall 2011. I am sure that when I'm there, it will be the best thing I ever did too. In the meantime, I'm creating a mission and vision so compelling that school will be a breeze I'm riding on, right to my legacy of getting a life coach in every public school in American by 2020.

Thanks for asking Geneva!

(Photo: Bruce Zimmermann; Art: Risha Rox)

I never went to Gallatin.  The Universe had bigger plans for me...